Believe With Me sends Valentine's Day gifts to the widows of fallen soldiers every year. It's a small token of our love, honor, and appreciation for their continued sacrifices on our behalf.
Remembering America's Sweethearts on Valentine's Day
Yearly serving more than 1000 widows of war, Believe With Me seeks to bring a small amount of joy and remembrance to our Gold Star Wives for Valentine's Day, and gives our Student Ambassadors an opportunity to show honor by serving our Gold Star Community for this project. Valentine's Day is painfully difficult when your spouse has passed away. Believe With Me uses our Student Ambassadors to prep, wrap and pack gifts to our Gold Star widows.
Dollars in gifts sent to widows of fallen soldiers
Widows served since 2015
Student Ambassadors impacted by serving Gold Star Wives through The American Sweetheart Project
How it works
Gold Star Widows register
When a widow registers her children for Christmas, she is automatically included in this project. Widows who have no children can also register through our site for services and projects such as American Sweetheart.
Valentine’s gifts are planned
Each year, Believe With Me sends a different gift to our Gold Star Wives. Simple gifts to remind them that they are loved and remembered.
Gifts are planned and sourced by January each year.
We call on our troops
Our volunteers gather to prep and pack gifts for our Gold Star Wives. This always involves Student Ambassadors, pizza, and mushy movies.
Starts around mid-January.
Gifts are shipped
Thanks to Fed Ex, our gifts are shipped directly to our Gold Star Families.
Wives receive a token of love and affection
Through American Sweetheart, hundreds of widows yearly are reminded that they are seen, loved, and honored by a #gratefulnation.
"It will be 9 years on Valentine's Day that I lost my husband, my best friend, and my soul mate. Valentine's Day is an extremely hard day for my son and I. This is my first year being a part of Believe With Me, and I was reminded that 'I AM LOVED.' From the bottom of my heart, thank you for putting some light on a very difficult day. A BIG thank you for all that you do and touching my family's life the way you do!!"
How you can help
- Have a gift in mind? Send us your thoughts and sources.
- Contact us if you have a company that can provide 1000+ gifts as an in-kind donation?
- Donate! Your contribution can help directly impact the holiday of more than 1,000 women who have lost their husbands in the service of our nation's military.
- Provide gift cards! Have a company that would like to provide meal gift cards or service cards of some kind?
- Stationary Needs/Design – Have a printing company that could provide cards for our widows?
- Personalized Notes – Have a team, class, or group that would like to write "LOVE" notes to our Gold Star Wives?
- Wish List Fulfillment – Shop our packaging wish list from Amazon to help make our gifts look AMAZING from the moment they arrive at their doorstep.
Shop our American Sweetheart gift list→
I would like to volunteer as a…
Your giving towards American Sweetheart has the ability to bring a smile to more than 1,000 widows of war, and teach honor to hundreds of Student Ambassadors. Consider donating goods, time, or money towards this effort to bring a smile to a widow on Valentine's Day.